Atrium Circuits - Extension of Chameleon Circuits by 50ap5ud5
The Atrium Circuits allow the exterior shell to be shaped to create whole rooms within it which can be entered, but still leave the subject "outside" a TARDIS' console room.(Paraphrased from the Tardis Technical Index)
How this could be implemented:
The atrium circuits sub system require the installation of a component called Atrium Circuit, using the current method of installing sub systems.
-Using a new button added in the existing Chameleon Circuit GUI. The GUI button will not close the whole GUI but will switch between two states - text with "Atrium Circuits: On" and "Atrium Circuits: Off". This allows users to view the status of the Atrium circuit later.
2.1 Properties when activated:
2.1.1 A false interior will be created.
184.108.40.206 Each exterior will not show the usual prompt 'Tardis unlocked!' Or 'Tardis locked!' when a player interacts with the exterior using a Tardis key.
220.127.116.11 Each exterior will not render the BOTI window at all.
2.2 Activated atrium circuits allow any player to open the exterior without a Tardis key.
2.3 Weeping Angels will not be able to enter the console room nor drain the tardis Artron energy (as they cannot access the console room and thus the Artron energy banks in the first place)
2.4 Non-player entities such as mobs or items cannot enter the console room if the door is 'open' but are merely pushed into the exterior block.
- Default TT Capsule will show insides of the cylinder.
- Each police box shell will open up to show the insides of the box and not the console room.
- The Grandfather Clock will show the insides of the clock
- The Tree exterior will not show any change in its log texture
- Cactus exterior will not show any change in its texture
- Door exterior will complete the door opening animation, but reveals the blocks behind it as a real door would.
- If possible, this exterior will be able to be walked through once the door is opened. This exterior also plays the correct opening and closing sound effect.
3.0 How to enter the console room:
3.1.0 A Tardis key synced to the Tardis will not be able to access the console room directly.
- It requires an upgrade with the Tardis workbench (not sure how this will work yet, to be decided by the developer team).
- The upgrade could be named 'Basic Security Override'. Once this upgrade is applied the upgraded key will be able to access the console room and show the boti window as usual, bypassing the atrium circuits. (This allows for the development of other upgrades which could be used in other features.)
- Another upgrade, named 'Isomorphic Imprint' only allows owner of the tardis (perhaps using UUID check?) to use the key to open the Tardis. This can can be applied at any time to non upgraded keys or keys with previous upgrades. Without this upgrade, anyone who has a key synced to the target tardis which is also upgraded with the Basic Security Override upgrade can open it.
- Depends on health of dimensional dams and Artron energy.
- If dimensional dams are at 0% and atrium circuits are activated, the player can still open the tardis and enter the false interior but will not be able to access the console room. This includes using an upgraded key with Basic Security override and/or Isomorphic Imprint.
- Activating or deactivating the Atrium Circuits uses up 20% of the artron energy banks. Think of this as the power necessary to sustain another interior on top of the console room dimension. This figure can be adjusted as the dev team wishes.
- If Artron energy banks are at less than or equal to 20%, the atrium circuits will deactivate. The Tardis' owner will be sent a notification message if this happens.
How this contributes to gameplay:
- Provides an extra layer of protection and disguise to Tardises, especially if police box exteriors are added as a decoration block later on.
- Expands role of Tardis keys, provides a use for Tardis workbench beyond sonic screwdrivers.
- Introduces a permissions based security system for the Tardis.